The City of Manhattan Beach recently received a generous donation for an Emergency Mobile Command Unit from the Manhattan Beach Property Owners’ Association. The MBPOA formed in 1939 and since then has lead campaigns to help the community build new schools, a new fire station, a new post office and a branch of the county library. On top of that the association formed the first concert orchestra in the South Bay. Last year MBPOA sold a property at Bell and Rosecrans Avenue which it had owned since the 1940’s. The association took the funds they received for the property and donated it to several projects which include: remodeling the Manhattan Beach Middle School music room, an oceanographic teaching station vehicle for the Roadhouse Aquarium, and the biggest project they funded was creating a mobile command unit for the Manhattan Beach Police Department.